Corona Rent A Car, is the best independent car hire company on the island of Corfu, with an impressive, unrivaled selection of new cars and many satisfied customers because we believe in customer service dedication.
Unlike broker firms, our clients DO NOT need a credit card for security deposit and the card may be in either driver's name. CASH payments are acceptable. You may also pay on line today BY CREDIT CARD.
Below you can find some useful information regarding Rates – Payment & Collecting Procedures:
Included in your car hire cost:
- P.A.I. - (Personal Accident Insurance). Covers both the passengers and the driver.
- T.P. - (Third Party Liability Coverage). All vehicles are insured against liability to third parties for death or injury or property damage.
- F.T.W. - (Fire & Theft Protection). In case accidental fire or theft of a vehicle.
- C.D.W. - (Collision Damage Waiver). NOT valid when driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding or in a traffic violation.
- L.P.I. - Legal Protection Insurance.
NOT included in your car hire cost:
- T.V.P. / S.C.D.W. - (Total Vehicle Protection / Super Collision Damage Waiver). C.D.W. insurance does not cover the tires, glass parts (including windscreen). Also loss or damage to the car key, the locks, car documents and number plates. So, we offer this optional insurance to cover all the above by paying 4€ per day.
- L.I.S. - (Limited Insurance Supplement). The renter is responsible for parking the vehicle in a safe parking area at all times. Coverage to the vehicle in parking areas in case of scratches or bumps. The renter should contact us immediately in order to make a report.
Minimum rental period:
In Corona, the minimum rental period can't be less than three days (72 hours). The rental starts from the pickup time. In case of a delay in the collection without informing the company hourly charges may apply.
Repeater Customers Privileges:
Our Repeater Customers enjoy a 5% discount on the online prices. Contact us to receive a coupon!
Taxes are included in the final total price (VAT 24%).
There are three available ways. You can pay by credit card on the reservation or you can pay by cash or credit card on arrival. Currently, we offer a 10% discount if you choose the "Credit Card Now" or the "On arrival with Cash" options.
Methods of Payment:
1st Method: Visa Card, MasterCard, Visa Electron, Maestro (Debit Card).
2nd Method: On Arrival with cash or credit card.
In principle, we accept any cancellation, at no charge.
Minimum Rental Period if you book directly from Corona Office:
There is no specific minimum rental period. The rental period is discussable at the booking time.
Available Pick-up/Drop-Off Areas:
We can deliver the car for you (collection & return ) at any time you like, in the following locations:
- Corfu Airport
- Kontokali Corona Office
- Corfu New Port (cruise terminal)
- Corfu Port (domestic terminal)
- Corfu Center
- Corfu Town Hotel - APTS
- Marina Gouvia
- Sidari (Hotel - APTS)
- Agios Georgios (North - East Pagon)
- Agios Georgios (South Argirades)
- Agios Gordis
- Agios Ioannis (Aqualand)
- Agios Ioannis (Karousades)
- Agios Ioannis (Peristeron)
- Agios Spiridon
- Agios Stefanos (North-East)
- Agios Stefanos (North-West)
- Dafnila Bay
- Gastouri (Achilleion)
The minimum rental age is 21 years for car group A, 23 years for B - C and 25 years for all the other car groups.
The maximum rental age is 75 years.
For your car rental procedure, we need a valid Driving License issued at least one year before the date of the rental.
The cost is included in the online prices.
Baby / Child Seat Booster
Baby Seat or Booster seat is available on request.
(Customers should mention the age of the baby in the notes field).
Available at an extra cost of 4.00 Euro per day.
We feel, however, that there should be little need of a GPS as Corfu Island is so easy to explore.
Your renting car is delivered to you with some petrol, you have to return back the car with the same level of petrol (or more) otherwise any difference will be charged.
Fines & Penalties
Please bear in mind that you shall be liable for the redemption of whatever penalties (illegal parking, speed-limit violations ea.) the traffic police of the Island of Corfu may impute with respect to the rented car you are driving, throughout the car rental term of your contract.
- P.A.I - (Personal Accident Insurance). Covers both the passengers and the driver. (This insurance is included in your car hire total price.)
- T.P - (Third Party Liability Coverage). All vehicles are insured against liability to third parties for death or injury or property damage. (This insurance is included in your car hire total price.)
- F.T.W - (Fire & Theft Protection). In case of accidental fire or theft of a vehicle. (This insurance is included in your car hire total price.)
- C.D.W - (Collision Damage Waiver). NOT valid when driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding or in a traffic violation. (This insurance is included in your car hire total price.)
- L.P.I. - (Legal Protection Insurance). (This insurance is included in your car hire total price.)
OPTION T.V.P. / S.C.D.W. covers all vehicles below:
- Group A (excess 0€)
- Group A1 (excess 0€)
- Group B (excess 0€)
- Group B1 (excess 0€)
- Group C (excess 0€)
- Group C1 (excess 0€)
- Group D (excess 0€)
- Group D1 (excess 0€)
- Group SUV (excess 0€)
- Group E (excess 0€)
- Group G (excess 0€)
The renter can avoid his responsibility for his legal share in any damage of the vehicle by paying the amount of 4€ per day (price depends on car group).
Note: None of the above insurances cover damages caused by infringement of the traffic law, as well as damages to tires, mirrors, widescreen, car parts underneath the vehicle and in the cabin.
If you have a problem with a tire (for example, punctured and flat tires) you need to replace it immediately, to avoid irretrievable damage thereof. (Remember that you are fully insured for such instances - you do not pay for it).
In case you keep driving with the punctured and flat tyre far enough for the tire to be damaged beyond repair, you will be charged for that tire.
Tyres cost between 50.00 Euro and 100.00 Euro each, depending on the type of car (economy / compact vehicle) you have rented. For luxury cars, the price per tire varies.
Tyres cost between 100.00 euros and 250.00 Euro depending on the luxury vehicle you drive.
Contact us for any questions.
Will not be responsible for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, driving off road, or driving without care and attention.
For any damage or accident to the vehicle, without the presence of the Police Report, none of these are covering from the Insurance.
*On-Line prices may change according to demand without warning!